Saturday, January 29, 2011

jetta 2.0

so today i took a big step into the grown-up world: i signed on my first car! well, it's my 3rd car, but the first one that i am financially responsible for! i'm sure this excitement will wear off when the first payment is due... which just so happens to land on my 23rd birthday - lame. anyway, this pearly white baby is now mine :) - and apparently i need to upgrade my cellphone as well because these pictures are terrible...


i actually had a hard time saying goodbye to my old jetta - i've had it since sophomore year of college & have lots of good (and maybe not so good) memories in it - 2 trips to oklahoma, my brother backing straight into it in our driveway, that time i decided to sideswipe another car, countless trips to waco, touring around texas for med school interviews, etc etc etc ...
anyway, it was so wonderful that i decided to buy an updated/upgraded model of the same car! and i was able to let them meet each other, ha. what cuties.

well, i hope that old jetta finds itself a nice new owner. as for the new jetta, i'm totally in love. which is probably good since it'll be sticking around until i start making a doctor's salary. aka like 8 years. OMG - I'LL BE IN MY THIRTIES: FREAK-OUT. just writing that is enough to cause me a mid-life (or quarter-life) crisis!
one last thing: i'm thinking about upgrading the jetta to these rims. pretty sure they could cut other cars... i spotted this beauty on the way home from work this week


hope you all enjoy your weekend!!!

2 comments:

  1. Look at you and your new grown up car. I bought a car a few weeks ago and it, too, is white, which is only appropriate because we're twins after all. Mine, on the other hand, was quite used because I, unlike you, will never be making a doctor's salary. :) Congrats on the new car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!! how fun :) love the new color and upgrade, it looks so sleek like now!

    ReplyDelete