Friday, May 13, 2011

steal of the day!

i have been shopping around for sandals for quite some time. unfortunately, everything i liked was over-priced or sold out in my size. last night i stumbled upon a link to a coupon at old navy. apparently oprah/old navy held a makeover show, and old navy was offering 50% off one regularly-priced item this weekend for the audience at home. well, i'm not part of the audience at home, but i printed off multiple coupons :) -- i headed over to old navy (first time in at least a year), and i found the super cute sandals i had been looking for!


i snagged this pair, originally $23, for $12-something. AND i had a $25 giftcard one of my sweet friends got me for my birthday. so i actually didn't pay anything!

naturally, i made my dad go back with me after dinner so i could get 2 more pairs! each of these came out to about $10.


so thanks to my giftcard + coupons, i only spent $10.79 for 3 pairs of sandals!!! - mission accomplished.

in other news,


  • this week was awesome! wednesday i was able to have brunch with my friend monica. yesterday i had lunch with my friend emilie (shout-out!). and tomorrow my friend kate from oklahoma is coming to town! -- this is crazy social for me considering my friends are rarely in town!

  • i'm moving to galveston in 8 days -- i'm attending a 6-week med school prep program. it is basically an overview of the first year's courses. i decided it would probably be a good idea to reaquaint my brain with the idea of studying. i'm already dreading sitting through lecture. after a year and a half of NOT studying, this will be a major shocker! but better now than august!

  • my dad, sister, and i are officially headed to TURKEY in july! i'm so pumped! i really wanted to go to turkey when i studied abroad, but we didn't make it. we are going to spend one week in istanbul & one week on an island off the coast! so excited.

i hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment