Friday, February 25, 2011

first 5k!

so today i bit the bullet and registered for my first 5k! it feels so real now! as planned, i'll be running the bearathon's 5k in waco on march 19th (3 weeks away: EEK!) -- super cheesy, but i LOVE campus and am very excited to be running my first race there! i even saw on the race course that you trot past the science building, ha ((http://www.usatf.org/routes/view.asp?rID=281432))


anyway, i'm currently wrapping up week 7 of couch-2-5k... which means i warmup for 5 minutes & then run for 25! i'm starting week 8 on sunday: 5 minute warmup, then 28 minutes of jogging. slowly but surely getting there!

i've been adding in spin classes to try and work on my endurance. my goal this week is to spin 3 days and run 3 days. and force myself to drink more water. i'm SO bad at that.

anyway, that's about it for my running recap. today i had the day off work! it was SO glorious having a weekday off. i woke up, ran, went to the doctor, took my mom to an appt, went shopping, went out to lunch, stopped off at sprinkles for free red velvet cupcakes (it pays to follow their twitter!), made homemade pizza with the fam, and went to a soccer game with my sister. AND IT'S ONLY FRIDAY NIGHT. i still have 2 more days off! hooray!


sidenote: i may or may not be scheming a trip to turkey this summer... i have got to find a cheaper hobby.

1 comment:

  1. awesome! and love that you got a day off work, how fun! yumm sprinkles.

    ReplyDelete