Sunday, February 13, 2011

happy

so i pretty much get asked on a daily basis about how anxious i am to get back to school. and i get the best reactions when i say "meh, not really" -- it's not that i don't want to be a doctor, but i am particularly enjoying this "season of life" as Leigh Anne would say... it definitely wasn't like that from the start, but i've FINALLY come to enjoy the whole pretend grown-up life. especially since it comes with virtually no responsibilities, all the benefits, and no bills (minus my car). i work, spend my paychecks as i please, come home to amazing meals, work-out, and spend my free-time as i please. what's not to love?

that being said, i am a complete realist and accept that i have to go back to school because i can't have the life i want where i currently stand. so while i'll eventually suck it up come august, i'm totally milking the benefits of my current state. not sure why people find this so shocking -- haven't they ever heard "live in the moment?!"

so back to my original blog-topic, things that have made me happy this weekend:

1) revamped my iPod for the first time in like 6 months. yep, i'm one of THOSE people...


2) black nail polish is making a comeback! i bought into the trend when i was in psycho mcat study mode. it was my way of being "emo" because i seriously had no life. well, now it's just back for fun - hallelujah.


3) i did my taxes this week & already spent my refund :) -- new jogging shoes! updated version of their predecessor... sans holes


4) i love my cat. and it just so happens to be cloe's 10th birthday month! we don't know the specific date since she was adopted, so she gets to celebrate a whole month, haha

5) grapefruit = my recent obsession. SO YUM.

anyway, hope you enjoyed your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Aw yay, "season of life" - always can enjoy things a lot more when you realize it will probably only last a season. And LOVED the pictures in this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shoes pic. So funny... And I'm all about the black nail polish. I painted mine really dark the other day but it only last about two days until I started picking at it. Anyway, I think we had black finger nails at the same time. And the sisterhood continues...

    ReplyDelete