Thursday, August 11, 2011

the traveler

so i know i've been rather absent from the blogworld lately, but my summer vanished before my eyes -- last thing i remember, it was may, and i had weeks and weeks of nothing ahead of me. now it is august, with a week until the start of school, and i can't believe how fast the time went!

i just got back to houston from pennsylvania and am entirely too excited to sleep in my own bed! i feel like i have been such a nomad lately! while flying home today, i was thinking back to one of my first blog entries detailing my travel goals for the year, and i was surprised that i actually hit most of the spots on my dream list!

this gave me the idea of doing a little "year-off blog recap" -- so i decided part one would be my travels!

i originally set out to visit: dubai, the caribbean, waco, pennsylvania, and colorado...

1) dubai: remember that time (december 2010) that i coaxed myself onto a 14 hour flight to the middle east ALL ALONE?! still can't believe i did that, but it was AWESOME!

2) the caribbean: did NOT happen. not even close. unless you count my 6-week stint in galveston this summer. nope, didn't think so.

3) waco: YES! multiple trips happened - went back for my first homecoming as an alum, ran my first 5k at the bearathon, and other random weekend trips! i don't care what people say, waco will always have a soft spot in my heart :)

4) pennsylvania: SO MANY TIMES. i'm pretty sure i set a record for number of visits this year, which is fine by me! it's nice escaping to the country every once in awhile! i think i ended up visiting 5 times since graduation? including the most recent 24 hour roadtrip there. i will NEVER complain about flying EVER again!

5) colorado: went skiing for the first time (march 2010)! i was hilariously bad. especially considering that my sister went from the bunny hills to the black trails in 2 days. pretty sure she took ALL the athletic genes in the family...

6) turkey: was not anticipating a eurotrip (july 2011), but how could i say no?! it was exciting getting to travel with my sister for her first time out of the country! istanbul wasn't bad either ;)

hoping to recap some other year-off happenings soon! also want to post pics of the new apartment (furniture comes tomorrow!!!)... so stay-tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment