Friday, July 30, 2010

things i WON'T be using this year

these past few months i've found myself collecting things for the new apartment. naturally, the majority of the things i bought were for my kitchen. as a result, i have an extensive collection of wonderful things that have to collect dust for a year: super depressing. so i've opted for the next best thing: i set-up the items for a photoshoot (thanks for the idea, leigh anne! well, she just wanted to see pics of the stuff i bought today, but i got a little carried away) - unfortunately, this post makes me look like i don't have a life. well, in all honesty, i don't. or at least not tonight. then again, what do you expect out of a 22 year old living at home post-grad? that's right: pity me. and now onto the tour of what would've been in my kitchen!


these are the crown jewels of the new kitchen collection and what started me on all the madness. nothing says beautiful like brand-new, sparkling kitchenaid appliances. i may or may not have blown my first paycheck back in april on these lovelies. no regrets.

so technically the blender doesn't belong in this post because we are actually using it this year, but only because my mom doesn't have a duplicate. it will be moving to galvy next year though!

mom picked me up a few knives, a knife sharpner, and cookie scoops only days before the big deferment news. sad.


today at the mall, mom drug me into williams-sonoma against my will (okay, totally untrue. everyone knows i have an unnatural, magnetic attraction to that store) - anyway, they just so happened to be having a sale, and i couldn't pass up beautiful new towels and spatulas. please take note of the red stripes in the towels that compliment the red standmixer. yes, i really should've gotten a MRS. degree. that would've solved the problem of not having my own kitchen, AND i could have just registered for all this stuff instead of buying it. dang, hindsight is 20/20.

last but not least, i bought all this bakeware on amazon. it is from chicago metallic's commercial line - they are made of aluminum & are NOT non-stick. they're supposed to provide more uniform heat distribution. i would love to confirm whether or not this is true, but i guess you'll just have to wait until next year for the results. i'm sure everyone is interested.

to top it all off, i just realized that i made the exact same purchases today as my 48 year old mother: ann taylor loft & williams-sonoma. before i know it, i'm going to be complaining of menopausal symptoms. i'm not sure that this scholarship is worth my rapidly deteriorating mental state...

2 comments:

  1. Sarah! I love your blog too! So fun... after reading just a few posts I'm confident that we would be friends in real life. I'm pretty jealous of your future kitchen. If we were friends in real life and I lived near you, I think I would make it a point to become your roommate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would totally be okay with a baker roomie! -- my friend and i were joking because we were talking about being roommates, but then we realized we both have standmixers... can you have 2 in the kitchen? might be a little intense! haha

    ReplyDelete