Saturday, August 28, 2010

twenty-two... and a half

i'm officially 22.5 today - i don't generally observe half-birthdays, but this year i actually remembered. and i can't say that i celebrated, but i did make a cake because really, i'll use any excuse to bake. i wanted to try out a wedding cake recipe from my new blogfriend abby, but i was too lazy to go to the store (typical) and decided to make something with things already in the pantry. i went with pioneer woman's sheet cake recipe. have i mentioned that i want to be her child? because i do.


once again, pioneer woman delivered excellent results. then again, how can you go wrong shoving 2 sticks of butter into an 8x8 pan. i'm thinking i should probably dust off my sneakers and reacquaint myself with the Y this week...

in other news, today is my first day off work in TWELVE DAYS. having to work last weekend was just NOT okay. i cherish my veg time way too much to go without it for so long. had a major "working mom" moment this week whenever i used REFRIGERATED SUGAR COOKIE DOUGH. granted, i made homemade icing, but still, i felt guilty. sidenote: has anyone noticed that the refrigerated sugar cookie dough is 1000x yummier than homemade sugar cookie dough (pre-baking)? i wasn't introduced to the wonder of eating store-bought cookie dough until freshman year at baylor when leigh anne & emily kept it stocked in their fridge... main cause of the freshman 15? i think so.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out... It made me smile. I've always wanted to try the Pioneer Woman sheet cake recipe. Glad to know that it is tested and approved by you.

    I've never tried store bought sugar cookie dough before. But, I do have a recipe for some amazing sugar cookies. (I swear I'm not one of those people that has a good recipe for everything, just sugar cookies and wedding cake. It just happens to be that you've mentioned them both recently.) I'll share it with you if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't tried anything from PW that i didn't like. it is all delicious. probably because butter is her favorite ingredient! eeeek.

    eating raw pillsbury sugar cookie dough = heaven. tastes better than raw homemade. and you can for sure share your recipe :)

    ReplyDelete