Tuesday, October 19, 2010

playing doctor

so a sick part of me (no pun intended) actually enjoys getting sick because that means i get to figure out what is wrong. and as much as i HATE HATE HATE going to the doctor, i love love love trying to diagnose myself before the appointment. bonus points if i'm correct. last time i totally called it with strep throat (without even having the equipment to take a throat culture!). this time, i'm thinking that i have bronchitis. after a few weeks of having a productive coughing, i've developed this weezing noise when i try to take a deep breath. i've ruled out pnemonia because the cough is my chief symptom, and i don't have a fever/etc. i've also ruled out allergies because i lack the congestion/sneezing/runny nose. so clearly the wheezing noise indicates my malady has moved into my lungs. and because i'm not having any other symptoms, i'm putting my money on bronchitis. now to just wait until 10 am tomorrow for confirmation... is it weird that i find this game entertaining? oh to be a future M.D.

2 comments: