Sunday, March 13, 2011

the socialite

this weekend was a huge departure from my usual routine of: laundry, cooking, shopping, running, cleaning, etc -- this weekend i actually got to hangout with friends! and lots of them! post-grad life has made me appreciate seeing just one friend - so you can imagine how happy i was to see so many! hooray for spring breaks!

thursday i had dinner with julie. friday morning i had coffee with my favorite co-worker. friday night i went to the rodeo & lady antebellum concert with lindsey and her wonderful mom. saturday i went shopping with my sister. and today i went to lunch & shopping with lindsey & cecilia. talk about social overload! not to mention that i will be in waco next weekend! i ALMOST feel like i'm back in college. almost.
and for the random update:
1) i still don't think i've run 3 miles, but i have run 32 minutes straight. i'm the slowest runner ever, but hey, whatever works. bearathon 5k is less than a week away: freakout!!! i'm hoping a race-day adrenaline rush will power me through!
2) one day i will actually make an effort to take food pics that look good. i snapped these with my ghettotastic phone - meditteranean lunch sampler (2 kinds of couscous, cucumber salad, mushroom salad, an eggplant dish, & hummus) as well as my oatmeal (topped with fage and pumpkin butter). YUM to both.

3) a spontaneous run to target with my sister turned into a target-filled weekend. we found the cutest swimsuits on clearance - and of course there weren't matching tops & bottoms. so i hit up 3 different locations. TOTALLY worth it though. i ended up with 4 swimsuits for $36: WIN!
4) this time change totally has me thrown off. its 11pm. but it's really only 10pm. but if i don't go to bed now, waking up for my 6am run (which will actually be 5am) is going to be impossible. so GOODNIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment