Sunday, March 6, 2011

SUCCESS!!!

so i'm happy to announce that i have finally completed the couch-2-5k program!!!!!

i have to admit that i never thought i could do it, but i did!!! - this morning i ran for a full THIRTY minutes - woaaaah. can't say i've ever done that before :) - it wasn't quite 3 miles because let's be honest, i'm SLOWWWWWWW.... so slow infact that a woman with a jogging stroller and twins passed me up yesterday: embarassing.

but ANYWAY, it was reassuring to be able to run 30 minutes with the bearathon 5k less than 2 weeks away (!!!) - eeeeek - i hear race day adrenaline is out of control, so if i can run 30 minutes, i should easily be able to finish the whole race!

so my focus for the next 12 days is going to be working on getting stronger and a tad faster!

on another note, my mom is out of town which means i've been promoted to official meal-planner + executive chef. i'm hoping to document my creations this week to share with yall! today i made coconut-almond granola + pumpkin butter using recipes i found on kath's website (www.katheats.com) -- both came out wonderfully! special thanks to diana for sharing her site!

1 comment:

  1. OMG SARAH! CONGRATULATIONS!

    Now I am totally embarrassed because I have started that program THREE TIMES and never finished. Why can't I be a badass runner like you?! :(

    ReplyDelete