Thursday, April 28, 2011

obsessed

let me introduce you to my phone. fondly known as "the blueberry" - because it's a wannabe blackberry. blueberry's only capabilities are phone calls + texts. but not picture texts. and certainly no internet. well, i was completely content with blueberry...


but then verizon got the iPhone. and i've been holding off for almost 3 months since its release. but between a quarter-life crisis + upgrade eligibility... my willpower went out the window


and suddenly i don't know how i used to function without it. i mean, how could i possibly have gone to the gym without being able to stream episodes of scrubs on netflix? imagine, i used to watch the gym tv. and have to settle with whatever was on. completely absurd, i know. the netflix app even tells my netflix at home where i stopped during an episode so i can pick right back up during lunch. AMAZING.

and now i can take pictures of my cat whose hair is finally coming back after that tragic haircut i gave her.
and i can document my love of wednesday mornings. because you can't beat overnight oats + the weekly grocery store ads. i'll pause now while you laugh at the fact that i am a 40 year old soccer mom hiding in the body of a 23 year old.


and i could go on and on and on, but let's face it, i'm just now realizing what everyone else has been enjoying for years. i remember being at a study group at baylor, and all my friends reached for their phones. i was like "what? did i miss a text?" - they all laughed at me and told me baylor had just sent a mass-email. embarassing. well, i've finally caught up.

2 comments:

  1. welcome to the iphone world! picture messages are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty stinking jealous of your iPhone. I think I may get one once my contract with Sprint runs out in December.

    ReplyDelete