Tuesday, April 12, 2011

unemployment update

so in my spare time lately...

  • i've taken on the role of head-chef at my house. which includes meal-planning, grocery shopping, and meal-preparation. i've relegated my mom to sous-chef & dishwasher. LOVING IT. i'm perfecting recipes and trying out new ones all the time! so fun! i took on the challenge of replicating the couscous salad at my favorite meditteranean restaurant -- SUCCESS. it is SO good.

  • i've become addicted to GLEE! - why do i always wait until the 3rd season to start watcing a show? -- my family got netflix though, so i've been knocking out 3 or 4 episodes a day... obsessed

  • houston humidity and heat have set-in, so i've semi-given up on outdoor running for the time being... and since i absolutely can't run on a treadmill, i'm switching to p90x, group exercise classes, and the gym (last resort) -- 2 days of p90x, and my thighs are SO sore. i guess when they market something as a "shread," that should probably be a clue...

  • in a continuing effort to healthify my favorite foods, i stumbled upon PB2 - a powdered peanut butter that contains 85% less fat and 1/4 of the calories of regular peanut butter! you may not find this exciting, but you have to understand that i'm one of those crazies that may very well choose peanut butter if forced to eat only one thing the rest of my life. seriously. i'm that obsessed. but PB2 is great - you can either mix it with water to make regular peanutbutter, or you can just add a scoop to smoothies, etc - SO YUMMM.

hope everyone is having a wonderful week!

2 comments:

  1. YOU HAVE TO TRY JUSTIN'S ALMOND BUTTER. It's the most amazing thing I've ever eaten and it's to die for. I got it at Target. It's a little pricy but it'll change your life. OTHER NUT BUTTERS >>>> peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PB2? That sounds interesting... Where do you find that?

    ReplyDelete